We understand that you value your privacy and wish to have your personal information kept secure. As an accounting firm, we collect and hold a large range of highly sensitive personal and commercial information. For these reasons, we place a high priority on the security of information held by our firm. We have developed this policy to inform you how we manage your personal information to maintain its integrity and security.
Collecting Personal Information
We aim to collect only personal information which is relevant and necessary to providing the service you have requested from us.
In general you can assume that we collect and hold the following information (where appropriate):
Naturally we collect and hold a broad range of personal information gathered during the course of providing our services. We strive to ensure that we collect and hold only that personal information which is relevant and necessary to advise on the specific matters you have requested us to address.
Purposes of Collection
We primarily collect information to allow us to provide the services you have requested. We may also use the information:
- to send newsletters concerning various financial matters which we believe would be of interest to you
- to invite you to seminars or events that we conduct or host
- to inform you of developments at PWA Financial Group and other services that we can provide
- to assist us to manage our practice
We will not sell, rent or trade any of your personal information to any person.
We will not disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required by law
- is authorised by law
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you
Information may be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Australian Taxation Office
- Australian Prudential & Regulation Authority
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission
- your Bank
- any related corporations or affiliate bodies
If we do use or disclose your information, we ensure that the recipient is bound by appropriate confidentiality and privacy obligations.
The following third parties may have access to personal information at times:
- our document destruction service
- IT technicians may have access when providing on-site support. However, it is our practice for technicians to work under supervision when practical
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us and is fundamental to providing you with proper accounting services. We seek to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date and, in the case of use or discloure, relevant.
Securing Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, use or alteration.
We have the following security systems in place to protect your information:
- All computers linked to our intranet are password protected and virus protected
- Our offices are monitored by a security service
- Our employees and contractors all sign confidentiality agreements when beginning employment with PWA Financial Group
When we no longer require your personal information, it is securely destroyed and/or deleted from our systems.
Sending Personal Information Overseas
Although we do not send personal information overseas, you should be aware of the following:
- from time to time, information may be loaded to the cloud for storage or access through programs such as Sharefile and Dropbox etc; and
Website and Email
When you visit our website, details may be recorded about your visit, such as time and date, your computer IP address, pages accessed, time spent on page and type of browser. This information is used in an anonymous format for statistical purposes and as such cannot identify you individually.
When you chose to communicate with us via email, we will store your email, name and address with any other contact or personal details you have provided on our database.
We will not adopt as our own, any identifiers that you may provide to us such as TFN's, Centrelink or Medicare numbers.
Accessing your personal information
You can ask us to provide you with access to all personal information that we hold about you. If we are able to, we will give you that access. (In some cases, we may charge you a fee for access but in no cases will we charge you a fee for applying for access.)
If we refuse your request for access, we will give you the reason for that refusal.
We are not required to provide access where:
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between ourselves and an individual, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings
- Where denying access is required by or authorised by law
- Providing access would be unlawful
Changes to this statement