Please click on this link to access our updated Credit Information Policy.
We understand that you value your privacy and wish to have your personal information kept secure. As an accounting firm, we collect and hold a large range of highly sensitive personal and commercial information. For these reasons, we place a high priority on the security of information held by our firm. We have developed this policy to inform you how we manage your personal information to maintain its integrity and security.
Collecting Personal Information
We aim to collect only personal information which is relevant and necessary to providing the service you have requested from us.
In general you can assume that we collect and hold the following information (where appropriate):
Naturally we collect and hold a broad range of personal information gathered during the course of providing our services. We strive to ensure that we collect and hold only that personal information which is relevant and necessary to advise on the specific matters you have requested us to address.
Purposes of Collection
We primarily collect information to allow us to provide the services you have requested. We may also use the information:
- to send newsletters concerning various financial matters which we believe would be of interest to you
- to invite you to seminars or events that we conduct or host
- to inform you of developments at PWA Financial Group and other services that we can provide
- to assist us manage our practice
We will not sell, rent or trade any of your personal information to any person.
We will not disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required by law
- is authorised by law
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you
Information may be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Australian Taxation Office
- Australian Prudential & Regulation Authority
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission
- your Bank
- any related corporations or affiliate bodies
The following third parties may have access to personal information at times:
- our document destruction service
- IT technicians may have access when providing on-site support. However, it is our practice for technicians to work under supervision when practical
Securing Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, use or alteration.
We have the following security systems in place to protect your information:
- All computers linked to our intranet are password protected and virus protected
- Our offices are monitored by a security service
- Our employees and contractors all sign confidentiality agreements when beginning employment with PWA Financial Group
Accessing your personal information
You can ask us to provide you with access to all personal information that we hold about you. If we are able to, we will give you that access. (In some cases, we may charge you a fee for access but in no cases will we charge you a fee for applying for access.)
If we refuse your request for access, we will give you the reason for that refusal.
We are not required to provide access where:
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between ourselves and an individual, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings
- Where denying access is required by or authorised by law
- Providing access would be unlawful
Changes to this statement