Latest News

Keeping you up to date

The ATO has reminded individuals that they must repay their Higher Education Loan Program (HELP, formerly known as HECS) and Trade Support Loans (TSL) even if they live overseas and are not an Australian resident for tax purposes!

So if you live and work overseas and earn worldwide income that exceeds the minimum HELP and TSL repayment thresholds, you will be required to make repayments against your loan.

For further information, please click here.

General Advice

The information provided by Bentleys (Sunshine Coast) Pty Ltd does not constitute financial product advice and is for general information only. It is written without taking into account any individuals personal objectives, situation or needs, and is not intended as professional advice. Any person acting upon such information without receiving specific advice, does so entirely at their own risk. Please contact your Accountant to discuss your personal situation before relying on this information.