Do you currently use the ATO Small Business Superannuation Clearing House (SBSCH) to pay your employee’s superannuation? If so, are you aware of the changes that have been made to this service?
As of February 26, you can only access this service via your ATO Business Portal.
What if I don’t have an ATO Business Portal?
If you don’t have an ATO Business Portal, your options for paying super will be:
- If you have an ABN, you can register for a Business Portal – this can be done via your myGov account or with an AUSKey. Click here for further information.
- Use your online bookkeeping software super clearing house services – most major software providers have this as an option to use
What other changes have been made?
Several other changes have also come into effect, some of which are:
- The clearing house bank account details have changed – so you will need to update any saved BPay reference numbers you might have on your internet banking
- You can now make payment by credit card
- You can save and manage multiple draft payments
- SMSF electronic service address details will now be available to choose from
For a full breakdown of all things relevant to this change, please click here.
Or if you need a hand setting up the super payment services on your software, please contact our office and one of our friendly bookkeepers will be able to assist you.